Saturday, August 3, 2013

Rethinking my energy drain house rules

I dunno, I feel like they were a bit too fiddly and specific, maybe? I'm thinking it might be simpler to just do like my good pal Randall Stukey does in Microlite74. (Except for vampires draining CON because I maintain that makes the most sense and is also fucking cool).

Energy Drain: An attack that would ordinarily drain a character's level instead deals 1d6 damage and imposes a cumulative -1 penalty on all attack, saving, and proficiency/ability throws. If the penalty exceeds the character's level, she dies. 1 point of energy drained is recovered every L days where L is equal to the hit dice of the monster that drained the energy level.


4 comments:

Randall said...

Vampires drain energy levels in my campaigns. However, they have to drink your blood to do it. Touch is not enough.

Pridday said...

Actually, I like those rules a lot. Level drain was always such a pain to work with in figuring out exactly what the character's new stats would be. I generally substituted CON loss for simplicity.

Rachel Ghoul said...

Randall: Aye, I know that. I just like vampires draining CON. It feels more right to my whippersnappers' eyes.

Gluten Free Recipes said...

Apppreciate this blog post