Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Comparative OSR Witchcraft

As you may or may not be aware, I'm pretty into witches. They just suit me.

Which is why I'm super jazzed to have won a free copy of the excellent Tim Brannan's B/X Witch supplement-- something I've had my eye on for a while but been too broke to shell out for.

Anyway, now that I'll finally have it, I think I'll take the opportunity to compare Witch classes from different old-school sources. Brannan's, of course, plus the one in the ACKS Player's guide, the two from early issues of Dragon (the older of which I converted for Microlite74-- I think it ended up in Supplement II or III), and maybe my still-unfinished attempt at writing one for B/X.

Are there others I should be aware of?

Edit: D'oh, I should have thought of the one over at Strange Magic right from the beginning. That one is also pretty cool... though it's possible that I owe my fondness of it to how freaking sexy the illustration is.

2 comments:

Timothy S. Brannan said...

There is the Mayfair one.

Looking forward to this!!

David Baymiller said...

i have one a well.
http://theosrlibrary.blogspot.com/2012/02/witch-class-averoigne-osr-colonial.html